Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoy browsing through all my cards!

Friday, June 3

Simply Create Challenge DT card - Fathers Day


Its Friday at last! Looking forward to a quiet weekend and hope the weather is just like today. Its so warm, the kids have been out playing since they got home from school and i got a few jobs done.
Its now time for a new challenge over at Simply Create. This time we are looking for projects with the word "Dad" or "Father" on it somewhere.
Remember it doesnt need to be a card, you can make anything you fancy!

I decided to make a criss cross card for this challenge. I love these and they are so quick and simple to make. I used my favourite papers, Lost and Found by MME. They have a distressed look already but i inked the edges over with "Old Paper" distress ink to darken the edges a bit more. I used one of my hanglar stamps. He is coloured with Promakers. My "Dad" wording is a charm i bought recently. As the letters were was silver i used my glue pad and Smoky quartz Martha Stewart glass glitter to change them to match my card.
I used MME buttons and fibre along with my brown ribbon. The ticket is a Tim Holtz one which i inked with the same ink.
The insert of the card has been distressed with Old Paper ink too and then used the same ink to put flourished round the very edge. It was too plain without it.

I cant wait to see what you all create this week and with Fathers Day on its way this month its the perfect way to get your cards organised!

I am going to enter the following challenges with my card;

Samuel Taylors Crafts - Male. The Prize here is a fab scrapbook kit!
Just Magnolia/hanglar - anything goes.
The Stamp Man - Boys and Men.

Thanks for reading and remember to pop over to Simply Create to see the other inspiration and join in the challenge!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Lynne! I love this card so much that I had to come visit your blog and leave some more love here!
    Hugs,
    Katherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. I love he papers, fab colour and the charm is so special.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne, love this soft coloured fathers day card!! Great colours, hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Father's Day Card, love your design. xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lynne,
    This is just a super stunning card. Love your colours and especially like what you did with the DaD charm... very clever.
    Hugz
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great card, love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one of them!