Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoy browsing through all my cards!

Saturday, March 31

Butterflies Flutter By!


I hope your having a great weekend so far. The weather is not just as good as it has been but its dry and hopefully the forecast for snow on Monday is wrong! One day we are basking in the sun, the next its to be so cold its to snow! British weather at its best!

I am here today with a card that i have made for the Belles n Whistles challenge of " Butterflies". I have used one of my favourite BnW stamps called "Patches n Braids" and coloured her with distress inks. 
Butterflies are also the challenge at Samuel Taylors this month. I use the packs of smooth paper from Samuel Taylors to colour with my Promarkers. I first bought a few packs at the SECC hobbycrafts show and haven't looked back since!
I have also used my Cricut to cut the fancy frame. I have to be honest i have not used my Cricut no where as much i should do. Like most of us crafters i had  to have a cricut and it had to be the expression as at the time that was the latest version out and i also had to have lots of cartridges....and yes... i hardly use it! I have decided that i am going to use it much more and when i looked through the cartridges i have i found cuts that i didnt know i had! I bet we all have a few things that we must have that are only used as dust collectors!!

Anyway here is my card....


Card Recipe
Image - Belles n Whistles - Patches n Braids.
DP- Papermania Capsule Collection and Tim Holtz distress Core-dinations 
Dies/punches/embossing folders - Cricut Pot-pourri Cartridge, swirl embossing folder, Small nestie scalloped circle and X-Cut butterfly punch.
Sentiment - Forever Friends Black and Gold Sentiments.
Embellishments - Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. Handmade Pins, Charm and gems from stash.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;
Belles n Whistles - Butterflies
Stars and Stamps Challenge - Cute Characters


Thanks for taking the time to look at my card! I really appreciate all the lovely comments you leave for me too!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Lynne x x


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the Cricut die cut. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Lynne and the frame looks really beautiful. I sold my Cricut a couple of months ago and haven't missed it at all!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is really gorgeous hun!! I love your soft colors and design!! This is my FAVE image from BnW!! Thanks so much for joining us this month at the Belles n' Whistles challenges!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining the BnW challenge this month.

    Hugs, Audhild

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. I really appreciate every one of them!